Thursday, August 23, 2012

natural order

I'm so behind on ancient news that I failed to know what the "end of the world" thing in December is about. Seeing as how they had lots of time on their hands and were constantly trying to figure it all out, I'm assuming that particular prediction might be flawed. Just saying. Anyway, if that's the last day I'm ready to go. Otherwise I'll keep on trucking. In my location we are much more vulnerable to earthquakes and whatnot though the Mississippi has slapped us around for a couple of years in a row. It takes an entire year for a flood plain of that magnitude to dry up and be ready to farm again.

It's been a long time since the salsa sisters got together but we managed today and I totally enjoyed it, if not the gas afterwards! I was rather snarky toward a table full of young ladies with their cute little bow haired children close by and sister said to me " I've never known any of them to be that way. They just left bible study." My experience with that has been this..the only women who can afford that luxury are the ones whose husbands are loaded and don't have to work for a thing. That may be a prejudicial statement so sue me. If your husband is a lawyer, you've got that one sewn up. I ran into Leigh today and she told me the JT concert was awesome. She and Pete bought my tickets when the loan sharks caught up and I had to put on my big girl panties and get over it. She mentioned specifically his sweet and funny personality that shines in every performance. A recovering addict, he has climbed some pretty big mountains to still be a beacon to music lovers everywhere.

Mom and Daddy are, shall we say "confused" in their new normal way. I count the pills every week for her and daddy still insists on helping which really screws me up when I have to go through drawers for bottles. I kid you not, my mother was sitting in her command central chair "looking" at mail order catalogs for house shoes and had the calendar in her lap. I can honestly say I've never been THAT organized. Daddy was on the porch waiting for his ride to coffee even though it was an hour away. This is how they roll day in and day out. O.M.G. Somebody shoot me now.

Otherwise life is grand. Sugardaddy still hasn't shown up but I'll never lose the faith because, hey. I've waited ten years..might as well settle for nothing less than the real deal. It's ladies night and me and the BG are in at 4:36 pm ready to tackle chores and discuss world events watch teevee. It's still on, but due for an eminent cutoff.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment