Monday, August 6, 2012

on point

Today is only Monday and I'm already weary, not so much from physical activity(although there's been plenty) but also burdened by the heavy loads that my friends are carrying. It seems as though everyone has a full plate these days. Congress went on vacation without any decision on federal crop aid, but it is still early. Corn was a wash, but beans and cotton are looking up. That speculators are gambling away the very food that sustains us by making odds is disgusting. So is that quite mentally ill guy who shot up the temple in Wisconsin. This dude doesn't even bother to get the "real" targets of his hatred right. This type of violence is so out there and unpredictable that it's got everybody looking for the lone wolf. All I know about is that skinheads in the AN are like Hitler and the German army. We all know how that one turned out. There is a local man missing due to his association with them. I am not an alarmist, nor do I sit around worrying about all the fucktards running loose in this world. I do, however, choose to lay low and stay close to home when I'm not working. Hey..that's what boomers do ya'll. A big night for me is staying up late enough for Chelsea. I have a full mattress on top of a queen spring so there's this big hole at the end that I stuff with blankets and stuff. That's Ryder's favorite place to take a nap! The ticks are back since it rained. My thoughts are simple. Like how the world would be much cooler if everybody decided to drop a grudge against just ONE person. And then another, randomly as they turn up in your life. I've done this and it's pretty cleansing in a lazy spiritual sort of way. It's also one of the steps of anonymous groups called making amends. Can't change the past, just make peace with it um'kay? Bubba's delivering the mower today but I doubt I'll be up for anymore sweat. After all it is Monday which means I've got a new old episode of Weeds to chew on. I was reading today about old big Ike over there in Colorado shutting down the pot shops and just chuckled to myself. Personally, I think that is our president's way of saying "Okay then, let's start this conversation again when it's not three months before election time." A growth and distribution system for a natural remedy is a no-brainer in medicine. I have a whole lot of aches and pains and sometimes Aleve just don't get it. We lunched on deli cut bologna today, fresh from Countryside grocery where BG works. She'll make you a sammich, sell you some beer and watch you play pool...plus scoop up the bait!! Sheila's kitchen is a piece of art designed by she and her hub. No wifi or anything...just an old country store like everybody loves to visit. There's a picture on the wall of the original owner Mr. Tickle from ummm...maybe the thirties? Fascinating stuff. Anyways..the point is that I ramble. Anybody who uses( .... ) as much as I do is pretty much just rambling to clear out the cobwebs. That's what blogs are for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment