Saturday, August 11, 2012

short comas are good for the soul

I guess you could say I was overdue for a sleep in since I didn't budge until 11AM, even with the sun shining brightly through my bare windows. Almost complete exhaustion, plus a little help from my friends took me to lala land. When I got in the trusty old Camry to go down for pill counting and grands welfare check, she refused to fire up with multiple turnovers but no catch. Great,ya'll. I don't know a fuel filter from a spark plug so I'm hoping it's something simple. I'd have to draw the line at walking to work. Once upon a time I had a neighbor who worked there too and he rode his bicycle most days. We were both MUCH younger then. This guy's partner and roommate was a big old fellow who had a Harley that he rolled up into the house to shine the chrome. How did he do that you might ask? Cut the front porch screen down by golly. Both of 'em are doctors and you couldn't find two more different personalities if you tried. One of them had a son BG's age and they played together on four wheelers and whatnot. He later had an accident in a deer stand where he lost one of his fingers. Funny the things you remember sometimes.

So, Paul Ryan is Romney's running mate and all the conservatives are just foaming at the mouth because he's such a poster boy for their values like de-funding Planned Parenthood and preventive womens' health. Just because you're for it doesn't mean it's gonna happen dude. As Big Ernie is my witness, if the GOP gets any more powerful, I'm moving out of the country. What has taken 40 years to equalize in the area of human rights is being threatened daily by zealots who just KNOW that Big Ernie is on their side. They're gonna be so shocked when it comes time to separate the sheep and the goats.

We are having a tease of fall day and I'm loving every minute of it. It should be cool enough to head to the attic and see what treasures are hiding there. There's one whole room with BG's stuff in it, including every single construction paper turkey she ever made and all the dolls. My wedding china is there, the complete set of it that has been used maybe four times in 30 plus years. There's a huge crappie that my ex caught at KY lake and got mounted. Lots of odds and ends and dirt which I plan to take care of. Maybe today, maybe later.

I've been called out by several people lately on the fact that I'm ignoring my own well being in the name of caretaking and it's something that I've known but don't know what to do about. I know that my parents' living situation is not safe, but they're being very passive aggressive about the whole thing and making US be the bad guys. Always the devil's advocate, I can see their side as well. That red log cabin is their homeplace and where they raised our family, cows and all. I wouldn't want to leave either.

^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment