Saturday, August 25, 2012

second hand news

It's been a long day filled with various adventures and surprises. Since we are needing gas money to get to work so resourceful I've been scrapping what I can from the basement, slinging it into a pile for the big haul. I happened upon two of the four chairs that our family sat on down in the red log cabin and drug them up the steps for a little Murphy's oil bath on the front porch. They are about 50 years old and covered with mold and dust. There was a little sprinkle of a shower while I was out there knocking it off but nothing to amount to anything. Still in a drought, I see. Maybe Isaac will change that.

I wanted to be an astronaut when I was little, enthralled with space travel and exploration and I remember the exact moment that I saw Neil Armstrong step onto the surface of the moon. Early in the program several explorers died in a fire while training. That is what made a difference to me enough so that I wrote letters to my heroes expressing admiration and loyalty. The space program has changed of course, using robots in place of people and I think that's pretty damn cool.
Daddy came up to Pecan Lane to deliver mail that got stuck in his box and one of those pieces contained a reminder that the evil Capitol One lawyered up a few years ago and got a judgement on me. The limit on the plastic devil was 1500 which was maxed and I've paid twice that to the lawyer mills to whom the evil one sold my debt. I swear to you, there was WHITEOUT on the damn thing. If I'm not mistaken, that's illegal. They are trying to garnish my assets with the one credit union that will still give me a loan and recently did. Sorry CO..that went to the utility bill and rent. If you hit my employer I'll hurt you when I draw blood.

Like most of the former middle class, the biggest item in our budget is food and eating healthy is expensive unless you grow your own or have a sugardaddy. I think about that when I see folks getting greedy with the produce. My mama's generation referenced the starving children in Africa and that is still a challenge for our world. Well, that and all the evil dictators. The one political situation that I cannot understand is that in Syria where the genteel British wife and her exceptionally violent husband carry on like their people are disposable. Perhaps when they are all dead there will be a rebirth of democracy.

Rambling? You bet your ass. Keeping the faith? Always.




No comments:

Post a Comment