Monday, August 27, 2012

jehovah's kingdom on hurricane watch

I hopped into the Camry before daylight to head for the sawmill and about the time I hit pavement, I heard this ungodly noise coming from the right side. What now, I said silently. When I got to the by-pass I got out to look and found that the right rear tire was flat as a pancake and I was 2 miles from free air. Um..so I just kept going driving real REAL slow so as not to totally tear the thing to shreds. Aired it up and it stayed all day so WTF? Added more after work so that hopefully I won't be put back into the daily routine of airing up tires so I can get to work to make money to pay the utility bill. TV is about to go again but that's nothing news and we've learned to adapt. The important thing is that we're out of contract and ready to negotiate with a kinder gentler, not to mention cheaper, provider. Or maybe we'll just go rogue and shed it altogether.

When I drove up in front of Casa Poops there was a strange truck parked in the driveway and nobody to be found until I circled 'round back. The hot handymen guys were just finishing up with door handles and whatnot and I offered them a beer which they gladly took. That is how I know for certain that they weren't the ones who left the Jehovah's witness literature. I'm sure it was stuck in the door that they had just repaired. These people freak me out the way they drive around looking for souls to save. I got a wild hair last night and took down my bed frame thinking that the mattress on the floor would provide more support for my back. And you know what? I do believe it's true! Plus I like sleeping down low so the dogs can come and go without pouncing. As an added bonus, the stars are more clearly visible through the bedroom window.

It is absolutely surreal the way that Isaac is moving along in the footsteps that Katrina slammed onto the gulf coast seven years ago. When we had the back to back floods of the Forked Deer river, they were exactly one year apart and that was pretty creepy too. Makes you think that Big Ernie has plans to teach us a few lessons on survival which if not heeded will be lathered, rinsed and repeated. Just saying. The folks in LA are saying that their levees are in much better shape this time around. ( don't even start about where the earmarked money went BEFORE Katrina.) We shall see. One of my friends took a August vacation to Puerto Rico last year and spend most of her time in a hotel room watching it rain. That's hurricane season for 'ya!

We got blessed at the sawmill today when an unannounced inspection turned into a brief two hour review of personnel files and no grilling of employees hard at work. We used to spend MONTHS preparing for this type of thing and now they're all unannounced, which is as it should be. If you can't pass a random walk through, you shouldn't be in the business of healthcare.

Hola from the hill ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment