Sunday, August 12, 2012

little black cloud

The Camry still sits in the drive trying to keep an idle and failing miserably. My mechanic friend should be by this afternoon to take a look. I've googled fuel filter a hundred times and got mostly false ads. Like I tell my brother "Hey...I'm a girl." The lawn half acre yard is mowed for probably next to the last time. The one good thing about drought is not having to deal with that. That's the ONLY good thing, by the way.

I've been digging my way up the ancient steps toward the attic to see what can be salvaged or pitched. I kid you now..I still have my college textbooks. That was before the days of sell back. I was one of 12 who graduated in June of 1977 from the UT Center for Health Sciences MT program. Back then it was a three plus one program and after nine months of that intense last year I was ready to jump out the dorm window! I found our class picture as well. There was a letter from my daddy written to me while I was away at girl scout camp telling me how good he was doing at skeet shooting. The picker's find of the whole deal was a faded portrait of the team of drunken devoted lifeguards at the pool where I worked every summer. We were paid 50cents an hour to babysit kids and flip burgers. The labor board caught up with them and we got a windfall with which I bought my first car.

It is therapeutic to do this sort of thing, even though it tugs at the heartstrings. I do not want to be the old hoarder woman who has shit that nobody can identify. Every family knows the feeling of going through old photos and asking "Who the HECK is that??" I have a growing scrap pile which will be cashed in shortly and big dreams of making barn wood frames with all this free material. Of course they will be real nice with the prints from my adventures. Risible Girl...I finally figured it out!!

My sister Tammy just stopped by for a visit with nice gifts and lotso' interesting gab plus a beer or two. We love each other in spite of all the family drama that is hers and was mine for about a year. You can't make that shit up, ya'll.

Peace out and always remember who you are ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment