Thursday, August 2, 2012

put me on speed dial

There are times in your life when it's just all too much and one has to say "I give." Today was my personal letting go of the universe and it feels mighty fine ya'll. Of course I've done it a million times before but this time it was a no brainer with a definitive line drawn in the sand on a conference table between old friends. I had to park a mile block away because of the downtown 'burg street improvements. Nothing pisses my brother off more than seeing grant money spent on a downtown district that has sucked hind tit to big box alley for the past 20 years. One of BG's many food service jobs was at a little corner bistro called Southern Sisters that was frequented by the uptown folks. Damn good food and healthy too.

The evil bug like contraptions have been moving around the neat rows of cotton, spraying the hell out of 'em to make up for the loss on corn. Even if we can't afford to eat, there will be cotton for clothes if the USA ever decides to do it the easy way. Considering today's news, I don't look for that to happen. Dodged a couple of bullets at the sawmill today which was my bossfriend's birthday. WE celebrated with pizza and ice cream cake yesterday and she had saved one piece for her hub which was still there with his name on it. We scarfed that sucker down at lunch like it was the last supper. Happy birthday to my salsa sister!

North county farmer friend can hardly contain herself with the way that things seem to be coming together for that neck of the woods. Lake county is where the earthquake of 1812 caused the Mighty Mississippi to form Reelfoot Lake which is a pure gem for nature enthusiasts. There's eagles and EVERYTHING! The little hawk that I rescued from Pecan Lane got picked up by the TWRA dude and delivered straight to the cypress trees. I seriously love it when that happens.

As for our little piece of paradise, it's still hot as hell. The burn ban has been lifted but it's too steamy to even consider lighting a pile so that can wait 'til my birthday next month. Maybe it'll be below 100 by then. We can only hope.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment