Thursday, August 30, 2012

baby daddy

I can't quit giggling over the picture frozen into my brain of the dogcatcher lady taking on a great dane, no less. The last time she came the anointed one was stashed in the air conditioned bay for transport. This guy was too huge to even consider that and you can't tie 'em on the roof unless you're Romney so she proceeded to gently lead this big-as-a-horse dog toward the front seat of her little truck. He climbed halfway in and decided to back up and sit so she was all trying to push his big butt up there and he got spooked. Here we go again! She has a lot of patience and I can tell she's got the spirit that can tell if an animal has been abused or something. I guess you could say she's the local dog whisperer but with a touch of Reno 911. She got him in on the second try and I waved as they pulled out with the poor dog's head pushed against the ceiling. A true Kodak moment. As it turns out, the reason that Ryder is already so big is that he's her daddy. Ya'll don't tell her I sent her father to jail.

Planes are flying low today in the light breeze. No toxic chemicals being sprayed (yet) but that will come soon in the form of cotton defoliant. Not much rain either, which is sort of ironic considering how Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi almost drowned today. My preferred news source is doing a series about the issues in this election that are not being addressed during the campaign. They are important building block sorts of questions that should be addressed before the decision is made as to which direction this country needs to go. I don't claim to have all the answers, unlike some folks who just can't agree to disagree and move onto business. The most important, I believe, is how the entire political machine in this country is fed by lobbies and corporate deals. Oh, and then there's that term limit thing. Hey..teachers rarely get tenure anymore so why should you? The choice of who should be in charge of our country is a right that generations have fought and died for and the whole thing has turned into a big money grubbin' clusterf**ck. Simplicity is the key. The basic programs that were put in place to take care of our citizens have been abused for years by those who know how to work the system to feed their addictions. I work full time at a not minimum wage job so I don't qualify for anything. Neither does my daughter who is shall we say "underemployed" for a BSW.

All of that being said, things are rather quiet on the grands front as far as I know. Mama sort of rambles and talks in code when I call but I don't dare show up unexpectedly because Uncle Billy M. OCD will go ballistic. We can't have that because I'm out of happy pills. I have a three day holiday weekend coming up which is a rarity so let's all hope I get some 12 hour naps. Our county fair begins on Monday, always on Labor day. Both of my parents were pillars in the early fair association so we got to go most every night. Daddy would drive back to town after we were in bed to count the gate money and fix up the money bag. I got my first really passionate kiss from some older boy that met me there. Scared the crap out of me!!

The closer I get to the grave, the more I believe that Big Ernie knows the heart and intention of every soul and understands that we're not perfect. It's the ones that don't try that really piss him off as well as the ones who are not sharing what he has blessed them with. The fork in the road is quite clear. Let's just pray that justice prevails and we get the honest days' pay back within reach. Otherwise we'll have to call John Cusack to find out what the plan is for 2013.

Love ya. Mean it ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment