Monday, August 20, 2012

room to breathe

Finally after a long and searing great heat/wave/drought of spring and summer '12, we have reached the point where the high eighties is considered "cooler." The AC actually kicks off now and then, especially at night. This my friends, is a very good thing. I've been faithfully changing the hypo-allergenic filters every two weeks or so, even though they're supposed to last for three months. What can I say..I live in the middle of a farm and co-habit with four dogs and a cat. That equals a whole lot of dust and hair. Maybe eventually the air will be filtered and I can use then normally! The electric bill has been consistently a hundred bucks less in spite of the heat and I know it's because the unit is new and was way past due for replacement when it was installed last August. You can actually walk without going AROUND something in the house and the mopping is next unless I decide to take pictures of cotton or something. The individual bolls are beautiful when they turn white and an entire field of it is a real show.

Went to the FNP today to get refills on meds and check out the old vitals. BP and thyroid are better. I was in and out in less than an hour which is decent by today's standards. This guy in the waiting room with me struck up a conversation about insurance and how he got lumped into the one year "pre-existing condition" category when he got married and changed policies. A truck driver, he was forced to take his wife on runs with him after she had surgery just so that she could be taken care of properly. Sadly, this is the state of our healthcare system. It ranges from inefficiency in proper medical record standardization to lack of connectivity for software in the small provider setting which is, to me, the best way to meet a patient and do preventive care. What do I know though, I'm just "almost a nurse."

While I was in town after dropping BG off at work, I ran by the sawmill to see if I could be excused from the meeting two hours later and proceed to enjoy my day of. My Bossfriend obliged and I am forever grateful to her for that. So much so that I didn't even clock in!! It was short and sweet and full of the regular stats outlining the current state of our union. I love that she can organize stuff like that because that's definitely not in my skill set.

I've been through a lot of election seasons in my (almost) 58 years and I can honestly say that this is one of the stupidest ones ever that I have witnessed. I'm tired of listening to right wingers look at me like I'm a lost soul and tsk tsk over how to get me to believe that R&R have the answer. I put up a op-ed piece today written by an INDEPENDENT from VT and one of the few righties that remains on my friend list made a sarcastic comment about it being from HuffPost. Get over yourself dude. Go back and watch some more Fox news or something. I'm firm in my convictions in spite of the shitstorm that is heating up by the day. I've done plenty of research and read a boatload of commentary from both the right and left. I am intelligent enough to figure out where I stand without being berated for my beliefs.

The end...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment