Wednesday, August 29, 2012

the end of the world

I've been watching the water rise in Louisiana and Mississippi today and thinking about how fragile life is when living on the coast. NOLA leveed and pumped up leaving that poor parish out there on the other side of it stranded. Most of them, I imagine, are too poor or feeble to evacuate safely. That this particular slow and bigass storm is stalled over the spot where salt and fresh water mix is pure magic. Maybe some of the greedy mofos who have capitalized on that market will get elected to Congress. The high point of the RNC to me personally was watching Dr. Paul get a standing ovation from his grassroots supporters of which I am totally one. I believe in standing back and watching the whole thing play out. If I wasn't so scared of having the double R's I'd vote for RP. Voting by default, if you will.

We have a friend who is facing some serious jail time for drug related offenses. Yesterday was her birthday, at 28 a soon to be convicted felon. She has a beautiful daughter who will chat with her over a table in a visitation room somewhere random, all because the state prosecution is conviction hungry and one particular babygirl can't get past her anger over the fact that shit stuff happens even to good and loyal believers. I can't say that I would not feel the same way, but I pray not. Dr. Reynolds always called it "the Chicago syndrome" meaning that families are so scattered that by the time someone ends up sick and dying all the long distance travelers show up to give "direction" to the ones who have lived it day by day.

Of all things today was PAP smear day, an every six month co-pay to monitor the changes in my cervical cells due to HPV. I didn't realize it could come and go, particularly while under treatment. Following an office procedure and a LEAP I got one normal report before it kicked back in. Nothing serious, just a nuisance. One vaccine can wipe out that particular form of cancer and if it had been available when BG was a pre-teen you bet your sweet ass she would have had it knowing what I know now. Preventive health is what it's about ya'll. Seriously. In my humble opinion that includes services included in the Planned Parenthood menu. So much good is being done within that organization and so many redneck idiots just don't understand the concept of planning ahead. Shit just happens, ya know? Then it's to the right wing extremists to force their moral values on people who don't have the money or political clout to be heard. That, is sad.

It took a major accounting trick to be able to pay my past-due electric bill and knowing my luck I'll get caught on it and it will cost more money. Let's all pray that the banking industry moves at a slow pace prior to the holiday weekend. Otherwise, I'm f**cked. Everybody wants a piece of Poops and all I know to do is keep showing up for work and believe that faith conquers all. Hey..we got cookies at work today! Very good ones :) How's that for glass half full. Lots of sick folks and difficult situations to deal with at the sawmill including our employee family. Hey, it's a small town kinda' thing.

We got brave with the mold and drug some shit out of the basement into the breezy late afternoon. Fall is coming...it always does during the fair. There is a saddle and some tack that are mice eaten, propped up on the ancient work tables that Mr. Council used during his tenure here. Plus a bunch of wood and whatnot. It needs lighting and not much more to be a wintertime girl cave. Think Santa will leave me some eco-friendly bulbs? On a mission here ya'll. Hide and watch ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment