Tuesday, March 20, 2012

now, where was i going with that?

Oh boy...talk about your March madness. The days are running together to the point where I'm never exactly sure where I'm supposed to be at what time and then I get a call from the wilderness that mama "isn't feeling well" meaning she's having a meltdown from listening to daddy recite his to do list fifty times in a row. It's enough to make a preacher swear so you can imagine what a helpless captive she is not being able to see well enough to even change the TV channel by herself. It is a very challenging home situation even by modern standards, and we are constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Thank the lord my new FNP understood and adjusted my meds accordingly. My BP has been running high in spite of dyazide so she changed it to another one that bottomed me out today. I wondered why I could barely put one foot in front of the other!

The puppies are getting messier by the day as Faith tires of cleaning up their poopie messes. They're chillin' on the porch in the sun right now, cuddled up like litter mates do for comfort. Meanwhile, their mom is sacked out on the cool hardwood floor taking a break. To be so old, she has really been a trooper. We had all kinds of kids out here yesterday who held them and even dropped one..oops! The three boys promptly climbed into the barn after being told not to, only to be screamed at by their Aunt Brandi telling them about the magic HOLE they were gonna fall in and never be seen again~ BG hasn't had a day off since she started her current job, and yesterday was the day. We had a blast, walking around in our underwear jamming to Adele.

Several times, people have indicated their disapproval of the way I have raised my daughter and our friendship. I spared the rod, and that really IS the hardest way to go because I never believed in using fear as a parenting tool, choosing instead to teach. I've told her many times about what a spoiled brat she was as the only child and grandchild for 20+ years. I paid for that with a lot of soul searching and meeting her more than in the middle. But, ya know? I wouldn't have it any other way. I can truly say we are friends and that when I am proud of her she knows it. Same for me. We have forged a bond that is based on trust and truth because that's the only way to fly when you're struggling together like we are now. She happily announced yesterday that my last ex's girlfriend looks skanky and I'm much prettier. Who loves ya baby?

Anybody who knows me will tell you that I tend to procrastinate put things off in avoidance of the reality of a project, whether it is balancing the bank account or writing a book. That's precisely why I've invited others to become a part of what I think will be a really nice history of Dyer county loosely, and this farm in particular. I didn't just go digging through deeds and funeral records for my health.

Asparagus is popping up nicely. Straw bales are priced and transportation acquired. I may end up with 75 bucks worth of straw doing nothing, but at least I won't have to mow that part :)

^j^

1 comment: