Tuesday, February 1, 2011

conspiracy theory

Just got off the phone with my youngest brother, the one who is my soulmate in spite of the physical distance between us. We covered most everything from the WTC and Pentagon bombings to infant vaccines and the powerhouse that is drug companies who push them. My kinda guy, ya'll. The worst fight we ever had in our entire lives as siblings was when he supported Dubya back in the day. Now, not so much. I voted for Kerry, but couldn't bring myself to cast a vote in the last presidential election. It's not so much that I didn't like him (which I'm still on the fence about, by the way) but that I didn't....and still don't, believe that voting for a party rather than a person is the way to save our country. There is too much room for greed and corruption and lobbying bribery. And they may shut down ATT and Verizon, but there's a whole helluva lot of small ISP providers that they can't possibly pull the plugs on all at once. Regional coverage, if you will. It truly bothers me to think this way, but sometimes you just got to roll with it and on past it to happier things.

Today is one of those happy days. In typical Pecan Lane fashion, BG managed to make it to day one of work on time (almost, there was that pesky empty gas tank) and I stayed here to meet the plumber who quickly found out that the septic tank is full. Meh. He left the cap off so that I can use some water, and the rest will be dug up sometime or another. Little things. That's all it takes to make me smile :) Her job is in healthcare, which is not surprising but certainly a challenge right now. You GO girl.

Today's weather looks like a backdrop for some scary black and white movie. It's warm though, for now. While the northeast gets slammed again, this time we're only getting rain and wind. And cold again! I'm pretty sure my groundhog won't see his shadow, or the dogs either for that matter.

Momma is in much better spirits today, thankyouverymuch. It just kills me when she gets like that because I feel like I should have the answers and well....I just don't. All we can do is keep on plugging and enjoying the happy moments when they see fit to pop up.

Keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment