Monday, February 11, 2019

who'll stop the rain

It started yesterday slow and steady and has continued into today with forecast for more of the same tomorrow.  When I came home yesterday the road was already covered and I haven't been out today but I imagine it's tire deep.  This is why I have asked a neighbor to take me to work in the morning.  There is nothing scarier than driving through water like that in the trusty Camry under darkness.  I remember during one backwater I had to beg and cry for permission to be late at the sawmill.  Flooding is a fact on this farm because it is surrounded by the Forked Deer river which feeds into the Mighty Mississippi.  I hope the levees hold.

Congratulations to Lady Gaga, Brandi Carlisle, Kacey Musgraves and Lauren Daigle on their grammy awards.  I adore all of them.  And of course Alicia is the bomb.  

I just heard a corporate jet fly over.  Considering my proximity to the airport I'd say my most likely way to die is by something crashing into the house.  That would be best life insurance wise!  ADD and a policy with a two year hold on natural death is where I'm at.  If it happens, y'all help Lauren out.  Do a Go Fund Me page or something.....

I'm not dancing in the rain but holed up in the house ignoring it.  Maybe it'll go away ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment