Tuesday, February 26, 2019

the people have spoken

I am a 4th generation Methodist who has seen the church go from a little Wesleyan circuit thing to the second largest denomination in the US.  Only the Southern Baptist Convention is bigger.  With big denominations come many committees and affirmations of faith.  Core beliefs, if you will.  This weekend's gathering of the General Conference in St. Louis was attended hugely and the vote was to keep the "traditional" stance on LGBT clergy and marriage.  Clergy were not allowed to vote but bound to attend.  The flock chose to divide a church that is based on warming the hearts of others wherever there are two or more.  Alrighty then.  Thanks for the memories. 


This not having my contacts is driving me nuts.  I think it's a sign to get a smarter phone.  Tomorrow is girls day in Jackson and I can't wait to practice my name again.  Lauren keeps calling me grammaw and confusing her.  So far the Forked Deer is holding steady so I won't have to drive to town to get on 412.  

The sun was glorious today but harsh on the eyes sort of like when you come out of a cave and get blinded.  It's been a long haul of dark days.  Prayers for moderation ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Biblical adherence always tends to divide; but all must still be done in love, with love, and for love. Christ Himself condemned certain practices, yet gave His life for all (who would repent and believe on Him). Sometimes that is forgotten, sad to say.

    ReplyDelete