Sunday, February 10, 2019

perception and opinion

Part of being on FB is the opportunity to exchange ideas with others on a variety of topics.  Most of my trolls have learned that I do not play that game and leave me alone.  I refrain from name calling especially in the area of politics and you know who.  I simply don't waste my time and energy on the negativity.  I shared a quite thoughtful piece today written by author and Christian pastor Jon Pavlovitz.  I was immediately told by a Trump supporter that I had offended her with the post which sort of compared his base to a cult.  I absolutely shook my head at the feelings on the sleeve mentality of so many.  Hey.  Opinions are like assholes....everybody has one.  We don't have to agree on everything to be friends.  I've learned a lot from these conversations about the current state of our union.  And it scares me at times.

I offended another person this week when I asked out of concern about a health issue.  I was shut down like a bar at closing time.  I have just enough medical knowledge to know what means what and I read between the lines of what I was told.  It's what friends do, right?  Now I understand privacy because HIPPA was my life.  That's totally different.  I'm so open with my thoughts and feelings that I tend to forget how private some folks are.  And that is their right.  I'll take that any day over somebody's facebook drama.  

It's been raining all day and will continue through the night and all day tomorrow.  I'd say I'm probably rained in until it stops because the road was already covered.  I had a snapchat messenger visit with the girls today and we had so much fun!  I can't wait to see them.

Chill out folks, and pick your battles wisely.  


No comments:

Post a Comment