Tuesday, February 12, 2019

plan b

As a veteran of North Fork Forked Deer flooding I watch the water like a hawk.  I've been trapped too many times up here on this hill.  Residential south Dyersburg is already blocked off and the Mississippi isn't forecast to crest until March 2nd.  Plus, after tomorrow there's more rain in the forecast.  I have a place to stay should I have to make a run for it.  I am an optimist by nature but also a realist when it comes to this sort of thing.  I'll keep you updated!

I switched days on work because I was afraid to drive through the water in the dark this morning.  I ventured out mid-morning and found it still standing but passable.  It's up to the edge of Samaria Bend and will sprawl I feel sure.  Been there, done that many times.  Once, our neighbor James Frank took Daddy by boat up to the bypass for a doctor's appointment. UCMTSU.  I would have just rescheduled but not him.  

Stay dry and warm.  And keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment