Saturday, September 18, 2021

the language of letting go

Melody Beattie is one of the first writers who help me understand co-dependency along with John Bradshaw.  It has been a long road from there to here.  If you looked it up in the dictionary, you would see my picture on the wall.  I gave too much to too many while ignoring my own needs.  I've been in love exactly three times in my life and all that is history.  I find myself in the golden years looking for a companion who accepts and loves me for who I am, bag and all.  That's not to say that I haven't been tempted on occasion.  From what i hear marriage is not a deterrent to having a "friend."  But ya know, that's not the way I roll. It's supposed to be forever til we part and all that goes with that.

Lauren and Reaves came to celebrate their birthdays today and we had tons of fun.  Lauren got the new tablet set up so they're all ready to compute.  We sprayed each other and Oscar with Amazing Grace.  He took it well but still stinks to high heaven.  

Y'all be blessed ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment