Thursday, September 30, 2021

oh yeah...mercury is in retrograde

I am disgusted on so many levels that I can't begin to tell it and y'all surely don't want to want to hear a rant.  I'm here for entertainment right?  The way I feel right now all I want to do is to retreat into my own little world.  Everything is a hassle and a bunch of drama which is not how I roll.  From healthcare to banking to gas pumps to collections, it's all like a maze to get service.  I arrived at Kroger today at the appointed time and got a call on the way that my order would not be ready until an hour after the specified time.  I told him I didn't want it but then I thought about all the time I put into making that order and called them back ( on hold for 15 minutes) to reschedule the pickup for tomorrow.  I was laser focused on what I needed and didn't feel like walking the COVID aisles.  If it's not ready tomorrow, they can get screwed.  

I figured while I was there I would get gas and that seemed easy enough except I was trying to put in my loyalty number instead my PIN so I got locked out.  I tried it again at the chicken store and fortunately they take checks.  My next mission was to get the bank to unlock my card so I can use it.  Also a fifteen minute wait.  Add to that these muscle spasms in my back from where I fell and it's just about to wear  on my patience. 

This is our world now.  The distribution chain is shattered and it's not all due to COVID.  Take the USPS and its' leadership.  He says he ain't leaving.  Hide and watch dude.  Delayed mail delivery will be a catastrophe for those who are expecting business transactions and are not computer literate or don't even have one.  

I'm off to order Rick Bragg's new book which is already a NYT best seller.  Gotta have something to look forward to!  Pardon the bitchy moody.  This too shall pass ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment