Wednesday, September 22, 2021

don't count your bags until they leak

Even though I've had an ostomy for almost two years, it still freaks me out when I have a leak because I know that means one more expensive bag etc. out of my limited stock.  Insurance pays for 20 bags, wafers and other things for a bag change every 30 days.  I had finally found a getup that worked well for me when lo and behold the supplier had the MOST important item on back order.  It was something new that my nurse friend recommended and was absolutely a saving grace.  They substituted something else of a different depth and it just doesn't work as well which causes my skin to break down.  Not good.

All the shots are called by Medicare and the various insurance companies that provide supplemental coverage.  If a vendor is not in your network but provides better service you're out of luck.  Some people don't even have insurance to cover the costs and end up ordering from Amazon or other places at exorbitant prices.  It shouldn't be this way y'all.  I got a letter from BC/BS last week saying that I would be getting a rebate check by September 30th.  My friend already has hers and mine is somewhere between Samaria Bend and wherever.  Right when I need it most.  

But, on the happy side my babygirl is 37 and living her best life.  I guess we all are.  Just keeping on walking in faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment