Sunday, September 12, 2021

let's roll

I have been watching a very well put together series by National Geographic about 9/11.  I'm kind of ADHD so it's hard for me to really sit down and watch something but this?  OMG.  There is live footage of all of it and multiple interviews with survivors and family members.  I didn't realize until watching this that flight 93 was headed to the Capitol.  Four planes on suicide missions in a matter of hours.  We launched a war, persecuted Muslims and ended up pulling out 20 years later.  I don't know about y'all, but I remember seeing the bodies of contractors swinging in the breeze in Fallujah.  I knew right then it would be a nightmare.  It was a knee jerk response with the defense contractors making a kazillion bucks as if it were a game of high stakes poker.  The longer it lasted the more they made.  

One of the things that made a big mark on me is that so many people were coming together to save each other.  There was one guy who told the story of being trapped under rubble with a security guard.  This guy was the larger of the two and pushed the guard out of the hole expecting him to dig him out when he escaped.  Dude watched in disbelief as the guard ran away leaving him trapped.  He told himself that it was now or never and slowly made his way through that hole to safety.  He was bleeding from head to toe from the concrete and rebar abrasions, but he was talking, walking and ALIVE.  While Dubya set his sights on Sadaam and found him cowering, the war ramped up.  Enter President Obama who nabbed Bin Laden.  Yet still, the story never changed until this administration said enough is enough and pulled out.  Our country is literally coming apart at the seams and they had 20 years to get their act together.  If it is to be Sharia law, let them have it.  You can't save the world, even if you are the great USofA.

I had the best birthday week ever with something special every day to remind me that I am loved and appreciated.  If  you missed it I still love you.  I do good to remember my OWN birthday.  I watched church online today and our theme these days is discipleship.  How to be one using your God given talents.  You know like what Jesus would do.  Remember those braclets?

Y'all be well and find inner peace any way you can.  It's the only way to stay sane ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment