Monday, September 20, 2021

just another day

That is how my brother describes his January birthday. I hereby proclaim tomorrow as Elizabeth Reaves Pugh day as she will be four at around 1030 PM by emergency section.  They knocked Lauren out after delivery and I was the first to hold dat baby.  

That was when I fell in love.  It was complicated by I had scheduled my vacation for that week.  When I first walked into the labor room Kimberlie was sitting in a rocking chair looking all in charge.  She went on her way and LP and I spent three long days in the L/D area.  I have to admire them for giving the grandma a place to sleep.  It took us and a village to keep things going that first year.  There's a lot of drama you don't want to hear about but we made it.  Reaves will be 4 tomorrow and Lauren 37 the next day.  Hell I'm already 66 so I'm way ahead of 'em .  I will never forget the joy in holding these two newborns. 

They are my blood just like my brothers and cousins and on and on.  You can't take that away ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment