Thursday, September 2, 2021

the lake fairy tale

We had a happy reunion out at paradise today and it ended up with all of us out on the deck looking at the little sparkly things that show up every afternoon.  They start on the other side of the lake and then cluster up before floatin' to the bank.  I never knew I could miss two people and two dogs so much.  They brought me an Elvis Blue Hawaii shirt.

I've been sitting on the deck listening to the artificial rain that is keeping that corn alive.  There is a chance of rain on Sunday and if that doesn't happen, the bottoms won't make.  Back when I was a kid, it all depended on mother nature.  Only, the old fashioned kind with four seasons.  Climate change has made a big impact on those cycles.  Out of control fires. Multiple chaotic emergencies like floods.  Hurricanes out the wazoo.  Science has proven that WE collectively have done this to Mother Earth.  That's the exact same science that found a vaccine to prevent so many people from dying.  Yet there are many non-believers.  My brother and I were watching for an uptick of Dyer County cases about ten days after the big ball game and by golly, it happened.  68 in one day.

The people who are against all this are less about I don't need it and more about "you can't tell me what to do."  They wear me out.  This is a world health crisis that began in January 2020. I don't care if it got leaked by accident.  We can stay safe with shots, masks and social distancing.

So, dumbass move o'the'day was leaving my phone at paradise so I can't call anybody and bother them.  I guess if there's an emergency I can post it on FB and somebody will call 911.  My front door doesn't lock well unless you slam it and I came home to find that it had been blown open for like, all day.  That was number 3.

That's enough dumbassery for one day.  Y'all play nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment