Thursday, September 16, 2021

little miracles

I headed out today on my usual route to paradise and noticed a very distressed looking young lady sitting on the curb.  Her head was down between her knees and she had a clothes basket half full...probably everything she owned.  I drove about two blocks past and something told me to turn around.  I normally keep Narcan in the car or purse so I started digging for it and it was nowhere to be found.  I pulled into the little side street next to where she was and she kind of jerked a little when she heard the car door slam.  Still never looking up.  I crept over and asked her if she was okay.  Yes, was her reply. "Are you sure?"  Yes again, never raising her head or showing her face.  At that point I pulled over on the side street and called 311 for somebody to check on her.  Hell, she may have been gone by the time they got there but I tried.  Got more Narcan coming.  

Joy and I were out cruising paradise on the golf cart when we came across two dogs in the middle of the road, a beautiful black lab and and itty bitty.  Their daddy was hollering from the porch for them to come back so we pulled in and got acquainted with the two dogs.  Little bitty wouldn't go to him so I carried it halfway to his porch and let it go.  I noticed a big happy birthday banner in his yard so I told him HBD as we drove off.  It's a very busy neighborhood with a lot of kids and whatnot in golf carts.  I've learned through experience that pulling to the side when a UPS truck is coming is common road etiquette.  The driver honked at us as he drove by in appreciation. 

I feel so blessed to not be in that mode anywhere that is rush rush rush all the time.  Until I got away from it, I didn't realize how stressed out I really was.  And also, almost dying a couple of times changes your perspective a bit.  Stop and smell the roses.  I have an herb garden right outside the back steps and it delights me every time I walk by.

I have a birthday cake to make tomorrow for my two chickas which shall be devil's food with cream cheese icing.  And candles of course.  Y'all stay between the lines and keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment