Tuesday, September 24, 2019

why i am an indie

Unlike many people I don't vote along party lines.  Each vote that I cast is for someone whom I believe would be good at making change in government.  I identify with the core beliefs of the Democratic party and what they have done for the working class.  I am pro-choice.  I am anti-automatic weapons.  I know that global warming is real and that Greta is a hero.  Trump's administration just showed their asses big time yesterday at a time when he is particularly vulnerable.  Pass the  popcorn.  

Looking back, I think the beginning of the end was the exit of John Boehner.  While the rest of them are still fighting it out on the floor, he's growing pot.  Shrewd businessman.  Plus, you could feel that he saw the whole thing spinning out of control.  I certainly don't want this country in our fragile state to go through an impeachment but that is probably what's necessary to deal with somebody who makes his own rules and truths. The man is a poster boy for a number of mental health classifications.  

Here's the thing.  We all have daily opportunities to be kind and do good things.  It doesn't even slow you up a beat to smile and say hi when you pass a stranger.  I officially felt like my mother today having lunch with our crazy class reunion crew.  I was talking to somebody yesterday about her upcoming 50th and she said they were doing it up big because they knew it would be the last one. 

The DHS class of 1973 is scattered all over the country but I'm in touch with most of them, believe it or not.  The wonders of technology never cease to amaze me.

Hold 'em close and keep a poker face ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment