Friday, September 6, 2019

riding the wave

I'm getting caught up on rest after that two weeks of interrupted sleep.  It still kinda' hurts but it doesn't wake me up in the night.  I played errand girl for a client today and I have to tell you I'm dang good at it.  Give me a specific list and I will deliver.  Plus change the bed and take out the trash.  Of course it's hotter than hell again so I'm glad not to be a parent at the fairgrounds on kids' day.  Just saying.

The year after my Daddy died the fair was dedicated to he and Jerry Jackson.  I told my brother I would show up and sit with Jerry's wife.  That afternoon I went into a complete meltdown over the thing and called the office to tell them I couldn't make it.  Too soon.  Y'all I was a hot mess.  Thankfully Joey was there and graciously accepted the award on behalf of our family.  He and his father Neely have been here for many MANY years.  

So, the farmer's daughter is working on something different that involves art.  I think that there is enough community in this little town to pull it off.  I'm looking at it through several different lenses and trying to create a picture of what would be aesthetically pleasing and profitable for all.  We've all heard the term "starving artist."

My friend Rachel and I are scheduled to meet about a story in the magazine she writes for.  And yes, the credits all go to my mother!  The library lady said "your momma would be proud of you."  

Stay cool.  I hear it's gonna' be 97 next week.  That's got to be a record in the making.  

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment