Monday, September 9, 2019

and found

After numerous trips around the yard and acceptance, I found my phone where I had left it on top of the microwave.  Duh.  I probably walked by it 20 times before I noticed it.  Praise Be! There is no wiggle room in my budget right now for something like that.  As I was cruising through town I got a call from Mo wishing me a happy birthday and I took the chance of getting caught and talked while driving.   Hey...it's my birthday!  

I had noticed when I left that they were starting to shell corn so I stopped by and visited with Wade and Mr. Neely on the way home.  It was break time so I climbed up into the cab to catch a shot of Wade.  Same for Mr Neely parked in the shade on the lane.  We talked about prices which he said are horrid because of the tariffs.  He estimated about 3.25 a bushel which is not sustainable for even a large farming operation.  He also said he has seen nothing of the aid they are promised.  I guess it went to fund the wall.

We have a full blown humanitarian crisis in the Bahamas and now the powers that be are refusing entry to these people.  Yes, they are a sovereign nation but compare and contrast with the aid to our own US territory Puerto Rico.  Pretty dang hard hearted in my opinion.  

Annnnnd now the arts budget is being cut yet again by this administration.  That brought to mind Mr. Holland's Opus which is much akin to my Uncle Jimbo.  He saw the size of the DHS marching band cut to the level that he left there after 30 years to go to Obion County Central.  When he died at an early age I remember there being standing room only in the church with OCHS all dressed in field uniform.  He was that kind of guy, like Mr. Holland. Lauren was about four years old as I held her little hand down to the family pew.  

I am blessed in so many ways.  With family and friends.  With a beautiful place to live.  With talents which I try to use wisely.  And most of all with freedom to choose and speak my mind.  Many many of those in the military have given their lives for that right.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. As our freedoms are being chipped away, I refuse to go gently into that good night.

^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment