Monday, September 2, 2019

investigative reporting

My friend and her children are safely tucked into a little cubby at a shelter in Sebastian, FL.  Mandatory evacuation and all that.  She said it's filling up fast as Dorian approaches the mainlanId after destroying the Bahamas.   It has already broken records.  Peace be still.

No labor for me today.  I slept in and went to the 'gentral.  That's it.  Not to be a whiny ass, but my body still isn't over the whatever the hell I had intestinally.  The pain is better but I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  Literally.  This too shall pass.

I visited with my friend Gigi today on the way to Four Points and since she is also retired, we've got nothing but time to talk.  She put Bella outside because she's so hyper and she barked the whole time I was there.  

As a society I think that we have become numb to things like natural disasters and mass shootings.  That happens to "somebody else".  Until you have experienced losing your home or a child shot on the streets, you don't deserve to have an opinion.  That's the whole theory behind support groups.  We hold each other up and celebrate successes.  

Just imagine.  Purely hypothetical.  What would happen if those legal gun owners turned in their AR style weapons to keep them from getting stolen and into the hands of crazy people.  Will you miss it?  Probably not.  There's not much use for it except for killing.  It has been been business as usual since the latest string of shootings with thoughts and prayers and NRA pandering.  Until we the people stand up and do the next right thing, it will always be thus and so.  

By the way I want a pistol for my birthday.  Janie's got a gun...ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment