Saturday, September 14, 2019

the network

I am involved in a lot of different things right now and have to watch myself on over commitment.  The plate is full so to speak.  I haven't had a girls' fix in over a week except for FB pics.  We will be together all of next weekend for their birthdays.  Lauren will be 35 on the 22nd and Reaves will be the big 2 on the 21st.  I'm hoping the 'zon delivers before the party.  

This gives me a pause to remember both births.  My labor lasted 12 hours once I finally got up in there.  Lauren's went for THREE days ending with a late night emergency section.  I was there and was the first to hold Reaves.  I'll spare the details of the procedure, but it wasn't pretty.  She had a CRNA on one side and me on the other talking her through it and holding her down.  Seems the epidural didn't work.  I will never forget that experience.  

We are all born for a purpose.  Sometimes it takes half a lifetime to discover what that is.  I am easing into what I see as my own future with guidance from above.  If I hit a wall, I know to go in a different direction.  That's what happens if you live long enough.

Peace and Grace ~





No comments:

Post a Comment