Saturday, September 7, 2019

mini pigs and history

I spent a few interesting hours at the fair today in the Dems booth.  Traffic was slow because  local industry had rented it for their employees for family day.  We managed to stay busy anyway and chatted with whomever came strolling by.  Most of them were looking for a relief from the heat!  I got to touch baby pig snouts and see lots of kids light up over a sucker.  And I got to give a history lesson.  

We had a TV set up behind us running constantly with footage of famous Democrats through the this century.  A kid, who looked about 8, stopped and stared at JFK like he was under hypnosis.  " Do you know who that is?" I asked.  He shuffled around  a bit and came back to say " I know but I can't remember."  Henceforth came a brief history of President Kennedy and how he died.  "Did somebody run over him?"  I replied no that someone shot him from window in Dallas.  "He was a good and honest man of much wealth who cared about the citizens of this country and took the office of president seriously."

He stared at me, and at MLK behind me on the screen following JFK and I swear I saw the light bulb go on.
 ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment