Sunday, September 29, 2019

high cotton

Crockett County fields are pure white now as well many in the southern part of Dyer county.  I got a 5:30 alarm and wakeup reminder from Lauren to make sure I got to Jackson in time for her work.  I had forgotten how pitch black it is at 6AM so it took me a little longer since I can't see crap in the dark.  The sun was coming up when I got there.  Reaves was already awake and yelling "Gaga!" when I walked in.  Lauren was a few minutes late but her friend covered for her.  We played hard all day going from one room to another on her whim.  I tried twice to get her to take a nap and guess what.  No go.  Our friend TT came over to relieve me unexpectedly so I rolled out about 2.  It takes a village.

I got this free, kind of sorta', tablet with my last phone upgrade.  Reaves has inherited it and she is learning all kinds of kiddy stuff on there.  Lauren has to keep it hidden to keep her from staying on it all the time.  I had to find YouTube for her a few times, but after that she knew what to do.  She touches that screen like a pro.  She had this giant zipped up case of letters that punch out and put together like a puzzle. I noticed it hadn't been opened and we were bored with "cookin" so I opened that sucker up and lo and behold we had letter lessons.  She know A,B,O,R and P.  Also star and 123.  I'm pretty sure she's going to be a nuclear scientist or brain surgeon.  In all of her two year old beauty and sass, she has my heart and all the drama of getting her here seems long ago.  This is why I am against assault weapons.  Back in my day they weren't weapons of random mass murders.  

I missed church again today but there's always the live stream.  Jesus understands, I'm sure.  Y'all be nice and kind and tolerant.  Each of us have our battles and we're all in it together.

Peace~





No comments:

Post a Comment