Tuesday, June 19, 2018

sage wisdom

Cousin Marilyn has this saying that we both understand all too well.  "A mother is only as happy as her least happy child."  I thought of that today as I talked with my only child about life.  She is exhausted in every way possible and there's nothing I can do to help.  She tries so hard to do the next right thing and be true to herself and has been at the mercy of a system that doesn't serve her or Reaves well.  There's lots of spiritual and emotional support from the Aspell community but pretty much, she's on her own with a 9 month old who is teething and miserable yet totally adorable.

I wish I could fix it but I can't.  I trust enough in God that I believe the doors will open for them at the right time.  That's what I do with my own life, basically.  I've seen enough miracles in 62 years to know that the universe is good and so are people.  When you least expect, karma comes around.

I am literally sick about this cage situation and separation of kids from parents.  It is a legitimate humanitarian crisis at our border and still the back biting and blaming continue instead concern for these kids.  Jesus doesn't like that, I guarantee you.

As you can tell my mood is "meh".  I'll get over it like I always do but more and more it's becoming a struggle to believe in good with a world gone crazy.  Come on mid-terms.  

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment