Saturday, June 9, 2018

chicken fried

I love to cook but don't do it much because I hate washing dishes.  Yesterday I laid out some chicken strips for the afternoon and fried those puppies up with an egg and flour batter, Mama Stafford style.  Me and Helen ate good just saying.  She needed some oil earlier in the day so I poured out half the bottle for that bird.  Nomnom. I've discovered that one of the culprits of cooking dinner is that we always have to have sides.  Heck, if it's good stuff I'll eat it all and save the mashed 'taters for another time.  I ate grilled squash, onions and goat cheese ravioli for two days.  

It's so hot and humid I don't go out until mid afternoon to water my little garden with the redneck hose getup.  I have several green tomatoes so it's calcium nitrate time to prevent rot.  The squash blossoms are every where.  The cucumbers are blooming also.  Gonna' have to watch that mowing crew!

Meanwhile in Trump talk, he has alienated just about every ally we have and is trusting Putin.  Um.  I have no words, just a prayer that when I die, it's quick.  Aw heck, I might even move to Canada even though they burned down the White House.

I was chatting with a guy the other day who has traveled the world and asked me what three places I'd like to visit.  Belize was #1 followed by Canada.  I had a hard time picking #3 but after seeing Julia's post I'd say Ireland.  

There's a rogue thunderstorm coming so I might not have to do the redneck hose thing after all.

Don't stop believing ~


No comments:

Post a Comment