Monday, June 4, 2018

out on a limb

So SCOTUS ruled in favor of the dude who wouldn't make a wedding cake for a gay couple.  There is no telling how much money was spent to carry this to a decision which finds one baker not guilty of discrimination for refusal of sale.  I am a huge gay rights supporter and will stand for anti-discrimination involving any group.  However, IMO this man as a business owner can choose not to serve a customer.  Is it a biased decision?  Hell yes.  Dude, I'm a Christian too but I don't throw all that hatred around because to me Jesus is love and tolerance.  A friend posted earlier today that per the Bible " Every miracle started with a problem." I read a piece that actually explained what the decision is about and there was a lot of urging for tolerance.  That would serve us all well.  As long as what you're doing doesn't hurt me or mine, carry on. This is America not puritanical New England.

Which brings me around to the evangelicals and separation of church and state.  This is a real pet peeve of mine and I was profoundly aware of the total absence of government at the latest service I attended.  It was all about church which is how it should be.  I also believe public schools should be the same way.  It is the job of parents or mentors to train a child in spirituality, not a school teacher who has to go to work armed.  He or she has enough on their plate.  

The Parkland kids are taking a road trip prior to the midterms urging young people to register and vote.  THIS is action.  We all have the opportunity to vote  and it's one thing we can do to bring change.  Research your candidates.   Find out what they have done not just what people say.  That's wasting your vote if you are swayed by a political group or their smear tactics.  

So see?  I'm not a total snowflake but pretty damn close.  Y'all keep smiling...keep shining ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment