Saturday, June 16, 2018

in loving memory

Elizabeth, aka Liz and I go wayyyyyy back.  Not only were we co-workers for years but we raised our girls together.  She's the one who taught me to use dryer lint for a fire starter because she brought it to Camp Hazelwood when our kids were all in the same tent.  Lauren broke out in hives from the woods and lake water the first time around so we dosed her up with steroids the next year.

Liz was one of those who went above and beyond for the company.  She was always in the middle of every fund raising event that our company was a part of.  As mentioned before, she and I did the dirty work of an IT conversion when CHS bought the hospital.  We rode together to Jackson for months to learn how to code and build tests and whatnot.  It was one of the most stressful times in my life but I enjoy teaching so there ya go.  The install guy told me that normally the company pays for them to do the training but they were converting seven hospitals and decided to "cut costs" by using employees as super users.  

Liz loved all things country, especially horses and trail rides.  She was a loyal mother, wife and friend.  We last talked about a month ago and she sounded very weak.  Heaven has gained another angel and I'm grateful she's not suffering anymore.  

When I called my friend Janie B at work to tell her the news she told me that another co-worker is in about the same shape at a local nursing home. I immediately took off to visit Sharon and startled her when I touched her sleeping face.  She was struggling to breathe and talk so I kept it short.  Carol called when I was getting in the car and we had a 2 hour chat after I got home.  We both needed it. 

Life is short people. Do all the good you can wherever and whenever you can.  I believe that's a Wesley quote.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment