Thursday, May 24, 2018

the greater good

The longer I live the more jaded I become.  I try really hard to be humble and respectful to each and every person that I come in contact with.  Do I always hit the mark?  Of course not.  Nobody does.  When things go sideways I try to make them right to the best of my ability.  Sometimes that's just not possible but at least I know that I tried.  The rest is up to God.

I received word that a dear friend and classmate and her mother were involved in a terrible accident and her mother died.  Cheryl is true blue and has been a great friend to me.  I'm sad beyond words.  My buddy Pax lost his mother as well yesterday.  The grief and loss continue at a rapid pace the older we get.  

I find myself without words, which is unusual.  I'm centering down trying to find a peaceful place and concern myself only with me and mine.  The country is spiraling out of control and that scares me a lot.  I shudder to think what my granddaughter faces in her future.  At the rate we're going, school shootings are a weekly event.  I don't have the answer but somebody does and it needs to be addressed before one more person dies at the hands of a maniac.  

Keeping the faith ~


No comments:

Post a Comment