Friday, May 18, 2018

busy busy

I was overdue for a pap smear so I rolled out of bed in time to see Dr. Joyner.  He was on call but luckily nobody was in labor so I got in and out.  The farm owner Harvey is here from Michigan and Bubba told me they would be having a morning meeting at the cabin so I headed there after my appointment.  He is a charming man with a sincere interest in the history of the farm that has been in family for 100 years.  I left the construction crew talking to he and Bubba about the project.  

By then it was time to hit 412 and get some baby loving while picking Lauren up for the trip to D'burg.  We went to get a script filled for her and headed to El!Patio!*clap* where we saw Gigi and Bear.  She wanted to go check out Flirty Birds for something to wear to dinner tonight with Anna and I wandered around looking and wanted everything in the store.  What I ended up with was an embroidered peasant shirt that is perfect for me.  One of Lauren's high school friends owns it and they jabbered about kids and life.  Perfect mother daughter day.

Another school shooting.  More rhetoric.  And everybody and their brother is back biting over gun rights.  I'm so disgusted with the whole thing I could puke.  There has to be a common sense approach to gun rights.  As I've said before, I believe that responsible gun ownership is a right guaranteed by the Constitution but so is separation of church and state and you see where that's gotten us.  Extremists on both sides of the aisle have taken up their own causes and forgotten the law as it was originally written for we the people. In order to form a more perfect union.  I'm sure they're rolling over right now.  

I've not had a day this active in a very long time and my body can tell it.  I'm passing on dinner to chillax and let the girls and Conner catch up on quality time.  

Y'all keep looking ahead ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment