Thursday, May 3, 2018

southbound

  A bunch of old friends and I headed to Lauderdale county for  lunch at Charlene's and had THE best time catching up.  The stuff in their shoppes is way high but I couldn't resist a tin cut out that says "you got this."  The little general paid for my lunch so I felt entitled to splurge. I also got a candle 40% off.  Before dropping me back off on the hill several of us literally crawled up on the porch of the cabin so they could see what it looks like now.  They had seen it before during the estate sales.  Not only did I get Mama's bed back but the friend who bought her vintage dresser with mirror and refinished said  she's giving it back to me!  Lord, karma can be good sometimes.

I was excited to find that The Handmaid's Tale is running its' 2nd season.  Evidently June made it following her season 1 arrest.  I've also enjoyed The Hero with Sam Elliott but then I could just watch him chew gum and be satisfied.  Who needs cable when you've got Hulu and Netflix.

For the life of me I still can't understand all the hooplah about Michelle Wolf's performance.  I even went back and watched again to see if there was something I missed.  One of my friends suggested that they invite the children's choir next time if they can't take a joke.  I also went back and watched Colbert's presentation when Dubya was president and that particular POTUS and all involved laughed it up like it was nothing.  What's the difference?

Y'all be careful out there.  And keep the faith ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment