Tuesday, May 8, 2018

walking man

My daddy was a big time walker after he retired and would go the distance before he got unable.  I remember one time he had made it all the way down to the dead end of Samaria Bend and fell.  A neighbor found him and daddy refused an ambulance so Danny brought him home.  I arrived to find him covered in blood and had to get him in the shower to clean things up.  His face head and arms were a hot mess from hitting the gravel so hard.  Mama couldn't see real good so she didn't realize how awful it looked, thank goodness.  By the way, that was NOT the only time he refused an ambulance.  

One mother's day I was taking them home from church and he walked smack into the porch post and went down in a heap.  That turned into a hospital admission for pneumonia which I also had at the same time.  We were PITIFUL.  He kept telling the nurses I should be in the bed beside him.  I think about him when I walk and soak in the nature.  I made myself do the 1/2 mile this morning.  Again, nothing fancy.  Just a walk.  

Mother's day is coming up and I'm hoping to get some grammaw time that weekend.  We never know about the schedule where Lauren works.  I still miss my Mama like crazy and especially holidays because she loved them so much.  

Love ya....mean it.




No comments:

Post a Comment