Saturday, May 12, 2018

the greatest gift

I arrived to find Lauren and Reaves still asleep this morning.  They had gotten up at 6 and went back down.  Reaves woke up when I came in so I took over for a couple of hours for Lauren to get some much needed rest.  We played like demons going in and out of the pollen filled day.  While we were sunning her daddy dropped by for a brief visit because he was working across the street.  She totally adores the man and when I stood up reached for him.  He likes to fly her around and let her to yoga by hanging upside down.  She eats it up.  We visited Sammy and his Mom Jo and then Aunt Holly and Jonathan.  By that time the kid was smooth wore out but still fighting it.  I started the bottle and Lauren finished it up and I left with her holding that sweet angel sound asleep.  Cherish the moments, that's what she does.  

Which is what we all should do because life goes way too fast.  I was thinking in regards to the class reunion how many more won't be there this time.  Who knew that this would be my 2nd "white rose" Mother's day.  I remember one time my poor husband didn't know that the white one meant dead and mine was very much alive.  I refused to wear it but looking back I think she would have found the humor in it.  

I will visit the graveyard tomorrow with a bunch of peonies, knowing that she is not there.  Her friend Jeanne called yesterday to tell me she's bringing a picture she found of six of us little kids sitting in a front porch swing,  I'll be hooking up with her at Angel's Crown Center on Tuesday.  

Unconditional love should be what our children get.  That doesn't mean give them everything and let'em run wild.  It simply means to be accepted for who you are and not shamed for not being like them.  And particularly not pursuing your own lost dreams THROUGH them.  

Agape ~


No comments:

Post a Comment