Tuesday, February 20, 2018

beatin' the rain

I slept in today since I was up later last night.  I headed up to the gentral' for the basics and found that my favorite ex-waiter at The Bus Stop works there now.  I was in line behind an "extreme couponer" and they were already in motion so I said just carry on.  Chick apologized about a hundred times and I replied I had nothing but time.  The guy behind me, however, was glaring so they got him done.  The store is much cleaner and the manager gave me tips on what days NOT to come which is when all the trucks show up.  I asked the couponer how she does it and she said it's a lot of work.  She ended up owing 14 bucks for a buggy full and I paid 75 for my stuff.  

I drove to the cabin expecting Johnny's crew to be there and was pleased to meet Daniel Garis from Union City who does crawlspace repair and leveling and whatnot.  They're not going to be able to work for the next week because of rain.  I left with a vintage living room window which one of the guys carried to the car for me.  You can't beat that kind of service.  James Frank walked over to gimme a hug and look at the progress.  Our little community rocks.  

Namaste ~

No comments:

Post a Comment