Thursday, February 15, 2018

and again.....

My eyes popped open at daybreak so I rolled out to get on with the business of the day which included a ton of paperwork and a visit to obtain the title for the 95 Cadi.  Baby steps people.  Baby steps.  As I was waiting in the doctor's office for forms, I overhead my friend in the lab talking about the coach who died shielding his students from the Florida shooter.  The readers of this blog know how I feel about all this so I'm not going to repeat the rant.  One of the mothers interviewed shared that her daughter begged to be home schooled because she was scared to go to a public school.  And you know what?  She has a very valid point.

Rick Scott paid lip service to " dealing with mental illness " and involving more law enforcement.  While these are both a piece of the puzzle, the big problem is the availability of repeating firearms.  Oh, and speaking of mental health I also read that Trump trashed an Obama era move to tighten mental health checks on gun purchasers.  I also read a chilling piece on the autopsy reports of the Vegas victims and how they died.  According to forensics, the shooter was so far away that these folks didn't even know what was going on because of the sound lag.  The lucky ones died instantly.  Others lay there and died slowly over a period of minutes with their lungs filling up with fluid and blood seeping out.  Painful.  Excruciating way to die.  

I drove past the cabin on my way home and got some shots of today's progress which involves boarded up windows and a torn out chimney and fireplace.  I remember that fireplace igniting UNDER the floor when we were about to leave for a Led Zeppelin concert in Memphis.  My mother drove us!!

It's tornado time in West Tennessee and today is a perfect example of prime conditions for twisters.  We've gone from 20 degrees to 70 in the span of a few days.  I haven't used the air in my car in so long that I was stunned to smell the "car thief" when I cranked it up this morning.  The car still smells like his nasty self.  

The Lenten journey has begun ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment