Wednesday, September 9, 2015

jumping off

Turning 60 has me thinking all sorts of things like : life is short and then you die!  I picked up Daddy's bible when I was at the house yesterday and found a copied page which was probably from a SS lesson.  It was about faith without works not being real.  I truly believe that because true faith enables us to see opportunities to help others on the front lines of our lives.  It might be just a hug or maybe a meal or even building a house.  Faith will deliver good things in spite of the obstacles that may seem insurmountable.  This past year has shown me that, even when I was in the desert.

We had planned a little lunch thing today but Mama fell during the night so she's got an iced down wrist.  I'll go visit her when I pick up the ice cream cake which I will get to eat ALL of, thankyouverymuch.  There is a lot of forward motion happening which is what we've needed here at Casa Poops.  I slept like a big fat rock on that new bed and the dogs did too.  There is rain in the forecast (finally) so maybe some of the dust will settle.  I'm definitely ready for fall.

I can't imagine how lonely it was before FB on your birthday, I mean Lord!  I'm not real good at doing that but my page is full already of greetings and wishes and the badass phone is blowing up.  That's a new thing because I've never had the notification by message deal before this device.  Wonders never cease.

Gotta' go check on Mom and convince her she didn't  "ruin" my birthday.

Peace~


No comments:

Post a Comment