Tuesday, September 1, 2015

bump in the dark

 BG needed the (trusty) Camry today for business so I did my first ride solo in the BIG ass red truck in the dark.  It was parked behind so I did a shortcut through the yard behind the propane tank and boom...there it was.  It took me until I got to the driveway to figure our that it was an old bed spring I had thrown back there for the garden that never quite happened.  There is always next year.  The running board on driver's side fell off so the metal that held it was dragging the damn thing under the truck.  I almost had a heart attack over that one trying to get it pulled out and get to work.  Geez man.

Life is pleasantly boring right now which is Big Ernie's way of saying "Rest my child.  Things will get tougher still."  And then they did.  Mom and I talked and I was perhaps a little too honest in my joy at knowing she and Daddy are in safe and happy places and I can actually sleep at night without one eye open.  I could hear her voice turn and knew that it was time to go.  Besides, it's almost supper at the home.  She is so happy and content in a way that I've never known in my life.  She is her own person.

So here's my take on the presidential extravaganza.  Hillary is pretty screwed because *benghazi* but also because she has been pals with high dollar people over the years and protected their interests.  Yes, there are rich Dems too, just not as many.  Ben Carson looks good...not really rigid and a solid medical background.  So here's my dream ticket: Carson/Sanders in whatever order with Warren all up in the middle of everything....State Department maybe.  The potential for social change with a partnership like that could save us from becoming zombies.  Remember...you read it here first.

Soooo..sawmill is nice and uncrazy which I totally love but that's subject to change at any time.  Sometimes it all depends on what team is in place.   I still haven't posted a thank you note for their contribution to the buy Janie's groceries fund, but I will.  Heck I might just cook and invite 'em all over.  After I get it clean, that is. In the end, there is a certain release that comes from letting go of "things" because of sentiment and I should be an expert by now.




1 comment: