Saturday, September 19, 2015

far far away

Half the state of Tennessee is on I-40 today headed to a ballgame and the other half will be glued to the teevee.  It's FOOTBALL time in big orange country.  As for me and mine we are doing the Saturday morning chill, inside of course because it's still hot.  I did run up to the chicken store for supplies and found myself in line behind somebody counting out dimes and nickels for cigs.  Hey...been there, done that.  That's why I'm such a patient sort I reckon.

Since I was up later(er) last night I didn't wake until after daylight for a change.  Maybe that means I'm moving out of that deep phase of grief that follows the death of several loved ones.  In the space of two years I've lost three cousins, my father, and two aunts.  This type of ongoing loss is not unusual but a progression of life that requires a lot of self care and looking ahead which is totally where I'm at.  I will give you my best until it becomes detrimental to my own mental health, then you're on your own.  Life is too short to give away energy for people who don't want to try.

I just had the chance to chat with an online friend from back in the day.  A friend of hers committed suicide, in suicide prevention month, no less.  And life goes on for the rest of us, you know?  We talked about therapy and how it's such hard work that we tend to avoid it unless the pain becomes unbearable.  Rod of "here's the thing" fame has retired but his partner still practices and I'm about to look her up soon.  Like, you know.  In all my spare time!

So, Planned Parenthood got de-funded so I'm assuming the Republicans will now take care of all the unwanted babies that will come around because of a lack of services.  On the one hand, I see the wisdom in taking government funding out of basic women's healthcare because then the church isn't involved as much.  PP could be funded by private donation if done correctly.  The ones who don't like what's up can pass on giving their money and donate to the special interest of their choice.  I can even see cutting funds for abortion if the rest of the services remain available.  BUT, to assume that taking money away from an organization that provides access to basic women's health is going to stop people from having sex is absurd.  Rant over.

 You guys have a lovely weekend.  I plan to do the same ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment