Monday, September 28, 2015

government affairs

I was first call at the VA guy's office this morning, showing up right after he did. The sign says walk ins after appointments but his first one wasn't until 9 so there you go.  I learned, as we talked, that he is actually employed by the county to serve our veterans.   There used to be a state employee there full time but that position went away so this poor guy is trying to do it all in two days a week.  I have heard from the horse's mouth that there aren't enough people in the field to take care of business.  That is why wait times are so long.  There was a group of law enforcement professionals having a meeting next door and they kept popping in looking for connectivity.  Not on my wi-fi he said.  Too many numbers in there!!  He's working on it and I go back tomorrow to get it done.  Actually, our case is an easy one because they're already receiving the aid and attendance benefit, or they were.  That stopped when Daddy died.  

Mama had to sign a paper and me retrieve a couple more and I was done with that.  Next was the bank where a nice young lady gave me cash because  I still don't have a debit card.  They've been outsourced as well forcing customers to speak directly with customer service agents.  When you're as absent minded as me, that's a problem.  I'm used to just sliding a card and going on my way.  Mama had lots of attention while I was there getting her bed changed after a bath.  Her head looks better and she's still giving orders.  Girl can smooth write with a cast on though! I was gonna do lunch with cookies and pimento cheese but I'm about ready to chill.  

Last night's moon did indeed appear right before my eyes and I sat mesmerized, camera in hand.  Then I thought to myself "self....just enjoy it."  And I did but then I got tired before it was over.  It was probably full on dark by the time I hit the sack.  The clouds were pink and blue...wispy things that radiated color from the slowly fading brightness.  As I sat there in the corporate chair I wondered where I will be this time tomorrow.  Life throws us curveballs when we least expect it.  

 ~  peace


No comments:

Post a Comment