Thursday, September 17, 2015

corn dust

That's what's up in the air being cleaned by my nice central unit with a dirty filter.  Those things cost a fortune at the gentral' but it's been too hot for Lowe's.  And no, I don't have my mums yet because it's 90 freakin' degrees!  There is a fungus that runs rampant in corn crops and even though they are totally doused with fungicide, some of it just sets up camp.  It's what was on Daddy's face and ultimately on all of us.  Poor hygiene is the culprit in a lot of illness and is often the result of mental disorders that slip under the radar.  I'll never forget the day the quite seasoned MSW from home health came to evaluate our parental home situation at the time.  Daddy hated her so she stayed in the wings for a few years while they kept going at the cabin.  She had a nice long visit with him before she retired and they made peace.  Thanks Cindy...you're an angel.

Against all odds, the petunias that me and Lori re-potted on Mother's day have survived the summer even without Billie G hauling water in a bucket.  Each time someone stops by they get a drink, and I have one in the back garden along with a whole lot of peace lilies that are about to die.  Y'all come get you some.  Mama got her panties today and she gave me some that were purchased by BG and totally unacceptable.  Bubba stopped by at lunch and moved the 'frig up higher where she can reach things.  Plus, he brings snacks!

I'm not at all happy about the implosion of the GOP because, seriously.  With that many candidates WTF do true Republicans do?  A friend of a friend who is quite conservative stated that he was just done with the whole party, which we all should be.  Yeah, I'm feeling the Bern.  There is a part of me that wants to save every Syrian refugee I see but then I know from experience that we don't even take care of our own and that's sad.  One of the richest countries in the world mistreats veterans and old people in the name of an almighty dollar.  Jesus doesn't like that stuff, just saying.

The new bed got new sheets and Aleve helped out the left hip situation so I'm good as long as the air doesn't go south.  Tomorrow is another big day for our team and I have to say that I've enjoyed every minute of the learning process.  When my father got sick and died, I was summarily excused and covered by the notorious Honey Badger from radiology.  On our first day we were asked who was a personal hero and why and of course everybody said their mom or dad or kids or husband.   I started with a political candidate and got funny looks.   The presentations will be tomorrow and I'm not a player, just moral support.  For that, I am grateful. Most of them are nurses and I'm not one to raise hell or anything but get a life MSM.  You have pissed off a whole helluva' lot of hard workers who just want to help people and get paid accordingly.

BG picked up a screw in the new car so I had to get fix-a-flat on the way home so she could turn in her papers for work.  Lord, y'all.  I talked to Ms. Faye yesterday after her son died at 52 from lymphoma and chemo and it was really sad how she didn't have the perks that we did because they were 40 miles from home at Big City with bigger hospitals.  Sometimes you just need to know when to fold 'em.

Faith ~

 









No comments:

Post a Comment