Friday, September 18, 2015

giving back

My parents spent a lot of their spare time volunteering to help others when they weren't working and raising three kids.  I'm ashamed to say that I've not done a whole lot of that because....life.  Ever since the crash in 2008 my life has been consumed with trying to make a living and navigate the waters ahead.  I am serious when I say that it has been about five years in the desert that seemed like forty plus.  During that time I've dealt with aging parents and worked full-time.  There have been various and sundry folks living here because my casa is yours if there's a need and an extra surface to sleep on.  Sometimes it's the couch, sometimes the floor.  I don't regret a minute of it if that makes sense because today it seems clear to me that life is a highway and you just do the next right thing.  

Anybody who's in the mood for week old ice cream cake come on over because it's taking up half the freezer.  I got some gifts today at the sawmill as thanks for my participation in the class.  I'm probably the one "least likely" to finish a project due to procrastination but I'm also one who recognizes talent when I see it and I've got to admit these people are kick-ass in every respect.  And yes, most of them are nurses, you harpies.  See how y'all do without Johnson and Johnson as a sponsor.  Our leadership team is brimming with talent at this point and I see good things ahead.  

I noticed my friend Keith is on vacay at my *favorite* beach resort, the one with the RTJ golf trail on site.  He's been posting pics of his bride and his food, not necessarily in that order.  His daughter Jillzy and BG were running buddies back in the day.  There are tales to tell there, but I'll save them for another day.  Lauren's birthday is coming up and since her 30th was a sort of non-event, I'm hoping we blow this out out.  Baby bro and family are in transit for a visit and there's still paperwork to get done but it's TGIF and beer thirty.  Enough said.

I'll be up before sunrise.  You know the drill ~



No comments:

Post a Comment