Sunday, March 22, 2015

turn up!

That's what I resort to because of the dying motor in this ancient mother effin' Dell I inherited from my Mama. Plus there's always noise and I do indeed like to zone out. As it turns out, the problems with blogging that I've experienced lately have had somewhat something to do with Chrome so I was forced to rethink my old friend FF. It's so funny to watch their little 'bot tactics what with bumping the new guy off the start menu. I will be REAL pissed at you Google. Work with us aging hippies on this umkay? You have your market share already so why not give everybody a choice? That's why there's vanilla and chocolate.

I got Booger sugar last night and again today and could tell real quick that my sixty year old self had not carried him in a LOOOONNNGG time. I'm talking like lead, on a bad hip. He charmed Kay and was shy with Scotty, typical Babyman. He can say grandmaw now and TeeTee. Happiest little shit you ever saw until he gets pissed and then watch out y'all. He's already gotten two grammys from me just this year for best performance on the kitchen floor.

Still no puppies visible and (un)faithful old Chester trotted by to check on the kids yesterday. His mom said when he went missing they figured he was at my house. That's what is so cool about a neighborhood where you actually know people and can IM them with a pet sighting. It takes a village you know. BG said one of the puppies she saw looked gray and white which would have to be the Luke in her. That dane was the biggest strongest dog I have ever personally known and the dogcatcher lady put him in the cab with HER for the shelter trip. They bailed him out several times and he eventually went away after his owner had been gone for awhile. The son of that lady still terrorizes everybody up and down Samaria Bend squealing tires and laying rubber. Dickhead, for sure. Luke was the one who got Faith, at the ripe old age of 10, pregnant with Ryder and her siblings. From that came Sophie and here we are with another litter.

I'm feeling stronger now, still tired but resigned to the fact that it's been a long road so far and most of the energy I've expended trying to change the world has happened in tiny moments where I stopped to smell the roses and simply be, whether alone or in relationship with someone. Thirty years of therapy have taught me what a glorious gift boundaries can be. Lorna and I are on the same mission which consists of thinning down the piles and condensing our "collections". Just like with money, you can't take it with you.

The rebel soul is not about being negative but realistic about the possibilities for change. Not just for those with money but REAL social change where the Kochs are handing out groceries in the slums and somebody besides Gates shares the wealth of his good fortune with others. Ted Cruz is an idiot and I know exactly what type will support him. I'm not so sure that's what the party wants right now dude Progressive is the new cool, remember? So yeah..I'm a smartass. Sometimes when people act out and show their asses I think to myself "i hate people" knowing that I don't, it's just the way they get all self absorbed and whatnot. Get over your bad self and put on some bigger drawers.

I'm casting an eye toward local politics as well since the great state of Tennessee is very red in more ways than you can imagine. Which brings me to Corker. And Jerry Brown. At 76 Brown says he thinks his age would hurt him but hmmmm. He has always been a fierce environmentalist and rightfully so because look what's happening with the drought. Nestle is stealing all the water for their plastic bottles!

Here is what I have to say to all you haters of the demolibtard progressive movement that I claim. The two party system began as a good point of compromise for a struggling country that needed representation but it's gotten way out of hand. See: Dodd Frank. Unless we all step away from the table and admit that government is imperfect because of the money involved with lobbying it's a moot point for whom we vote. Campaign spending should be totally transparent and not subject to MSM examination for wrong doing which slings mud on the opposing party.

We hold these truths to be self evident. That is a powerful statement of belief made by people who honestly wanted freedom from royal tyranny. According to history this initial bunch met and made friends with the natives but it pretty much stopped after that big feast. The US out to expand and so they did, all over the damn place and native inhabitants were displaced along that blazed trail. Japanese families were held in prison camps and black men hung from trees in the South with men in white hoods glaring proudly. I'm glad I wasn't around for all that drama because I'd have been dead from the get go. Shot at Kent State, most likely.

I'm a worrier sometimes but not until I get a shoutout from somebody like Mahala whose Ma is in the hospital (again) and I can so relate. My own mama made it church this morning thanks to Lori and Forked Deer electric who got the power back on before they left for the corner of Main and McGaughey. She was crying yesterday so I'm gonna' give her some space. I'm off tomorrow so don't call me until you want to play Trivia Crack. Then it's on!





No comments:

Post a Comment