Thursday, March 26, 2015

from the heart

One of my all time favorite patients is with us again. We first met when her husband was dying and she told me she was JRD's mama, one of the hot hippie drummers in our high school band. Rumor had it that he stole my tape player but he says no! Anyway, we reunited as adults and carried on an intermittent friendship. He is a traveling salesman who looks ready to settle down and quit chasing the highway. A great GF and sick mom are reasons to stay close to the 'burg. He hates Obama more than most anybody I know and started on that Hitler crap before the last election until I just had to look the other way. There's a difference between poking fun and being a troll. I expect friends to respect my boundaries on that issue and religion.

It's cold and rainy again but we didn't get any tornadoes so that's a blessing. Tulsa was not so lucky. Oh, and now they say the co-pilot had "malicious intent". Normal breathing while he locked out the captain and crashed the plane. WTF? Jesus, it's like the total opposite of Left Behind. I guess even trained pilots can be bi-polar and have a death wish. Those poor people...sigh. Coming so soon behind the museum massacre I have to admit this shakes me to the core. I find it particularly ironic that post 9/11 security measures that allow no entrance from outside the pit are what did this bunch in. This jihad has been building for many years and the old profile of bearded militant middle easterners doesn't quite fit. People who are younger that my daughter are saying eff' it and joining the holy war.

Tomorrow is be good to me day with appointments scheduled for both mammo and pap. Next will be a trip to the dentist and after that glasses. I have put these things on the back burner due to time constraints and the always short supply of money. Plus, it's a chore. My eyesight is fairly good with reading glasses but it freaks me out to drive at night and stuff like that. Ryder and the others are chillin' on my bed while the puppies play or do whatever they do. Their eyes are open now and they are attempting to climb out of the hole. Another week and they'll be venturing out I believe.

I cry a little bit each day now, I suppose because I've finally slowed down enough to let the grief loose bit by bit. It's a cycle, life is. We dream and build and love and lose yet we do it anyway. Because you love who you love~John Mayer



No comments:

Post a Comment