Saturday, March 14, 2015

mudpuppies

The monsoon seems to have taken a break so I suppose we will schmuck through the mud and check on Ryder and the babies. She is a big dog and I can't imagine what kind of twisting it must take for her to get in and out of that hole in the barn floor. We have seen her once when she came into the kitchen just to let us know she's okay and freaked out! Poor thing ran around in circles and then straight back to the barn. In the mud. We have what is known as a "river situation" going on here with the Mississippi on the rise and nowhere for the others to drain. This farm just so happens to be surrounded by one of the "others" and it's already creeping toward the road. Crest for the Big Muddy is next weekend so we shall see. I have almost forgotten what a sunny sky looks like.

I'm off thankyouverymuch, and have two days to piddle while it's gloomy outside. BG started at the 'gentral yesterday and is ready for action again tomorrow. Now I can just tell her what to get while she's at work and save a trip! It's the little things that make me happy like one less stop on the way home. Due to "inclement" weather the garbage situation is approaching where it was last year when some guy dug a hole and buried it right behind the straw bales. It will take many trips, if you know what I mean. The back has Booger's car seat and the trunk is already full so ummmm..I seriously need a truck. Maybe Sugardaddy will come by in his.

Work continues on the to-die-for house down the road. Now that it's all clean and pretty the whole 8 years of those special people living there seems like a bad dream. I wish I had a dollar for every time the cops came out to see what the problem was. When they weren't holed up in the dark, Jenny and the kids would explore Pecan Lane even when she was in a wheelchair. The kids happily pushed her down the road while she picked pecans with one of those stick things. Both parents are disabled and I hope that they are in a better place for them. Bubba and I called the dad Beethoven because he would move his speakers to the screened in porch and blast heavy metal 'til my windows shook. He also had crackhead friends who almost killed me and BG in the bed of a pickup truck during a flood.

I enjoyed the dance party with Michelle and Ellen a lot but I could just hear the trolls revving up for how inappropriate it is for a FLOTUS to thrust her hips on TV. I know one in particular who is just jealous because our first lady is classy and doesn't write letters to Iran. The culture of fear being perpetuated by the conservatives right now is downright scary plus really REALLY stupid. Ayatollahs don't play y'all. The cable went away for a couple of days and we started re-watching Breaking Bad. It's amazing how much I missed first time around. Payday came and so did live TV again. I could totally live without it except for Comedy Central and Triple D.

Tomorrow is Sunday again which means, of course, eggs and doughnuts with our usual crew at Daylight. Lori will stay with mom and get another history lesson. Each week I find them exploring another part of the house or looking at pictures with stories behind them. I can't help but believe that this is just what she needs! Their doctor is moving soon, back home to CO so the grands will get passed onto his replacement. Meds will get tweaked accordingly, PRN. Thank goodness we found out the neuro doc's script writer tripled daddy's Seroquel by accident. Um, yeah. And the doctor who had referred him? Never got a report. That's your medicare dollars at work folks. Meanwhile, the fog is gathering on my hill and it's looking kind of like zombieland so I better get off of here and start locking doors.

Peace~



No comments:

Post a Comment